Cyclocross 2023 Events
Cyclocross is back for 2023! We have got a 4 round mini series planned, spread over May, June and July. The exciting news for 2023 is that we have a new venue at Stromlo which has great potential to grow into a permanent cyclocross venue. The courses will be a combination of grass, fireroad and singletrack. There will be some fast flowy sections, plenty of off camber corners and some run ups. Proper cyclocross! As the best way to progress this venue to ride it, use it and improve it we are focusing our efforts on this venue this season and will run different courses in the same area for all 4 rounds.
Please note that to avoid schedule clashes the first 2 rounds will be on Saturday afternoons, with the last 2 rounds being run on Sundays.
Please get in touch at [email protected] if you can help with course setting on Saturday morning. We will set up from 8am, meet behind the pool.
For riders racing in B-Grade or C-Grade any bike is welcome, however for A-Grade Men, and A Grade-Women , in the spirit of cyclocross, a bike with drop bars is required.
The Junior race is on the adults course for those kids after a bit more of a challenge before stepping up to C-Grade. For Kids racing: please register as junior.
Beginners are most welcome to Cyclocross racing! A valid Auscycling, is required. We do not issue day licenses anymore, but you can purchase a day license online here or if you are eligible, a free trial license is available here. The cost of entry is $15.
- 6 May – Round 1, Stromlo CX track
- 3 June – Round 2, Stromlo CX track
- 2 July – Round 3 and ACT/NSW Series, Stromlo CX track
- 30 July – Round 4, Stromlo CX track
- Little Crossers – Balance bikes, and kids just starting out riding
- Junior CX – As the little crossers get older (read the organising teams kids), we are providing a stepping stone up to the first adult categories.
- Men’s C Grade – For riders on any bike just starting out
- Women’s B Grade – For riders on any bike just starting out
- Men’s C Grade and Women’s B Grade race together.
- Men’s B Grade – More experience riders, on any bike, looking for a longer and faster race
- Women’s A Grade – More experience riders, on any bike, looking for a longer and faster race
- Men’s B Grade and Women’s A Grade race together.
- Men’s A Grade – For the fast and/or competitive cyclocross racers out there.
The following video’s, produced by CX regular Ewen, highlight the relaxed and fun atmosphere. Feel free to dress up and race as you can see below!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email “cyclocross at corc.asn.au”