Cyclocross 2021 Events
Cross is coming! It might still feel like summer, but autumn is here which means the cyclocross season is right around the corner. To kick things off, we are starting with a shorter “crit” style event on Saturday 20 March at Stromlo. If you don’t have a CX bike you can race your MTB. We will also have “Little Crossers” for the kids.
A valid AusCycling, MTBA or CA license is required (A free trial license is available on AusCycling’s website: https://auscycling.org.au/membership/other/free-trial.)
We also plan to have 4 club races this season:
- 02 May – Stromlo
- 23 May – Location TBD
- 20 June – Narrabundah Velodrome
- 01 Aug – Stromlo
The first couple of events are up on EntryBoss.
For those that want more racing, this season is looking very promising with both a NSW/ACT series and a National series. We strongly encourage local riders to travel to other events, in particular NSW/ACT state series events.
- Little Crossers – Balance bikes, and kids just starting out riding
- Junior CX – As the little crossers get older (read the organising teams kids), we are providing a stepping stone up to the first adult categories.
- Men’s C Grade – For riders on any bike just starting out
- Women’s B Grade – For riders on any bike just starting out
- Men’s C Grade and Women’s B Grade race together.
- Men’s B Grade – More experience riders, on any bike, looking for a longer and faster race
- Women’s A Grade – More experience riders, on any bike, looking for a longer and faster race
- Men’s B Grade and Women’s A Grade race together.
- Men’s A Grade – For the fast and/or competitive cyclocross racers out there.
The following video’s, produced by CX regular Ewen, highlight the relaxed and fun atmosphere. Feel free to dress up and race as you can see below!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email “cyclocross at corc.asn.au”