- This event has passed.
CORC XC #3- Stromlo – Local Participants Only
August 9, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Covid 19 restrictons will be in effect, see details down the page. Numbers will be limited to 90 riders, strictly online entries. Note that due to the current COVID situation we are limiting entries to local riders only, meaning riders that live in ACT and the surrounding area (Queanbeyan).
This is round 3 of the 2020 CORC XC club season. There were 5 rounds planned for 2020, including the ACT championships which counts as a club round however due to smoke, bushfires and Covid-19 the number of rounds may be reduced. These are fun races open to riders of a wide range of abilities. These are also listed as a tier 3 event under MTBA’s national cup, for eligible categories. New for 2020 is that we have introduced a grading system for the courses. For XC racing some courses will be harder than others, and to make this clearer to everybody we have introduced a grading system. Easy, for the flatter, less technical trails (think Sparrow hill), medium for courses that have more climbing and technical features (think some of heartbreaker and little seymour) and hard for courses that are, how do we say this, just hard…
West Stromlo, a course map can be seen here. Parking will be off Uriarra Road. (Please note that the gate to the Uriarra carpark will be open for the duration of the race only. If you plan to go for an extra ride after the race please move your car out of the carpark so we can lock the gate again.)
The course will run the following trails:
Fire road climb(start lap only) -> Party Line -> Party Climb -> Fire road to Dingo -> Dingo -> White Gums -> Willo Link -> Casuarina Climb (to intersect Slick Rock) -> Slick Rock into last part of Pork Barrell -> Double Dissolution -> Crim Track to 1st fire road -> Fire road back to start
|Course opens for practice|
|9.50am (approximately)||Race Briefing|
|11.45am||approx finish time|
The event may be cancelled in the event of smoke, heavy rain or inclement weather. Please check CORC’s website or facebook page for updates. If the event is cancelled all online entries will be refunded.
Starting Order & laps
|Under 19 M*||4|
|Expert M* (19-29)||4|
|Masters 1/2 M(30-39)*||4|
|Under 17 M*||3|
|Elite W (19+)*||4|
|Under 19 W*||3|
|Masters 3/4 M(40-49)*||3|
|Under 15 M*||2|
|Expert W (19-29)*||3|
|Masters 1/2 W(30-39)*||3|
|Masters 3/4 W(40-49)*||3|
|Masters 5/6 W(50-59)*||2|
|Under 17 W*||2|
|Under 15 W*||2|
Categories marked with * are eligible for MTBA national cup points.
Advice on category selection
The categories have been changed for 2020 to align better with the MTBA National Cup. Many categories are similar to the categories that have previously been used at CORC club races. However, graded categories (A, B, C D) are no longer offered.
If you previously rode:
Sport A: You have the option of entering Elite or in your age category. Note that as our club races are tier 3 in the MTBA national cup there are no points on offer in elite
Sport B: Your should enter your age category
Sport C: You have the choice of entering your age category, or Sport for fun, less competitive racing
Sport D: You have the choice of entering your age category, or Sport for fun, less competitive racing
Please note that multiple categories may be started together based on numbers of riders. The starting order may also be changed on the day
Race Fees XC
Race number deposit: $10 cash on the day. If you area CORC member and a regular racer you can keep the plate for the season, but let us know in the remarks section when entering.
|Entry Type||Online Entry||On the day entry (cash)|
|Senior CORC members:||$18 per race.||NA.|
|Senior Non CORC members:||$23 per race.||NA.|
|Junior (under 17) CORC members :||$12 per race.||NA.|
|Junior (under 17) Non CORC members:||$15 per race.||NA.|
Not a member of MTBA? If you haven’t had an MTBA license before sign up to a free 8 week trial membership here.
COVID 19 Briefing
-Do not attend if you are unwell
-Total attendence numbers (riders + officials + spectators) for this event is strictly limited
-Entries for this event is online only. If you forgot to register or the event is sold out, we will not accept on the day entries.
•One person per 4m2, maintain at least 1.5m between all persons
-Spacing at the start line will be larger than usual (1 person per 4m2)
-Follow good hygiene measures such as, cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or a tissue, avoid touching the face, eyes, nose and mouth, dispose of tissues hygienically. No spitting & snot bombs!
-Hand sanitizer & cleaning wipes are available at numberplate pickup.
-No sharing of equipment
-No congregating post finish line. The approach for this race is ‘get in, race, & get out’.
-All riders are encouraged to use the COVIDSAFE app.
-There will be no presentations. Results will be available online
All races are timed using the clubs electronic timing system and the results can be found by using this link
- Have FUN!
- Self seed and be honest.
- Be courteous at all times – there are other riders on track doing their best, it is only a club race so please be patient when behind slower riders. For example call out “track when convenient”or “rider” when approaching. Wait until they respond with “on my left” or “on my right” before overtaking, once you have overtaken say “Thank you!”
- Reports of bad etiquette, abuse, pushing riders out of the way will be dealt with by the parties involved and the Race Commissaire – we will not tolerate bad behavior at club races. Guilty offenders will be disqualified from the race and serve a 2 race ban.
- Please follow the course, we do our best to mark the course with bunting and arrows. Please take great care with arrows as some of the race tracks have trail arrows and not CORC arrows. Do not take short cuts or stray from the single track or fire trail. If you see a rider cutting the course, please let the Race Director know and the rider will be disqualified from the race.
Other Race Day information
- Please do not pass or go near the timing mat with a numberplate on unless you are racing. We do our best to block off entrance to the timing mats before and after racing but please keep this in mind when you have finished your race. Also, If you have a pitstop for whatever reason in the race, stop away from the timing mat to avoid a double detection.
- If for any reason you withdraw from a race, please tell the Race Director
- Don’t leave rubbish out on the track. Pick up your rubbish such as gel wrappers and drink bottles
- If you see an injured rider please stop to help them, we can adjust your lap times to make up for any lost time
- Riders need a current license (or proof of renewal) to race. MTBA race licenses only. Licences may be checked at any time so to make sure you can race, BRING your licence (physical or digital version) with you to every race.
CORC is run by volunteers and many hands make light work. If you can help with any of the below please contact the XC team via e-mail [email protected] or add your name to the volunteer list here
Some of the duties you can assist with are:
- Course setting/pack down
- Rego/Timing area setup and pack down
- Competitor registration
- Starting races and timekeeping
- Course Marshal
Thank you to all volunteers who have helped with the running of events over the last few seasons, your support is greatly appreciated.
Enter via: https://entryboss.cc/races/4571