CORC XC Events
There will be 5 xc club races, 1 3hr race and 1 50km race.
In addition CORC will host a Tier 1 XCC Race and a Tier 1 XCO & UCI Junior World Series Race in Stromlo Forest Park the weekend 15-17th March 2019.
The xc club races will be listed as Tier 3 races with the new MTBA National Cup. All age-based categories will be rewarded with points at our club races, while elite riders will be awarded with points at Tier 1 races.
Event dates for 2019 are:
3rd February: CORC XC #1 – Majura Pines
3rd March: CORC XC #2 – West Kowen
15th March: Tier 1 XCC – Stromlo Forest Park
17th March: Tier 1 XCO & UCI UCI Junior World Series Race – Stromlo Forest Park
14th April: CORC XC #3 Stromlo Forest Park
12th May CORC 50km Point to Point Sparrow Hill
11th August: CORC XC #4 – East Kowen
15th September: CORC 3hr – Stromlo Forest Park
9th November: CORC XC #5 – Twilight – Stromlo West
More details about each race can be found at the Events Calendar.
2019 XC Club Series Categories
In order for CORC to align its club series with the new MTBA Cup most categories have changed. Please see below for the new categories.
|Category||XC Club series points||Nat Cup Points||#Laps|
|Under 19 M||Y||U19M||4|
|Expert M (19-29)||Y||MX||4|
|Masters 1/2 M(30-39)||Y||M1, M2||4|
|Under 17 M||Y||U17M||3|
|Elite W (19+)||Y||X||4|
|Under 19 W||Y||U19W||3|
|Masters 3/4 M(40-49)||Y||M3, M4||3|
|Under 15 M||Y||U15M||2|
|Expert W (19-29)||Y||WX||3|
|Masters 1/2 W(30-39)||Y||W1, W2||3|
|Masters 3/4 W(40-49)||Y||W3, W4||2|
|Masters 5/6 W(50-59)||Y||W5+||2|
|Under 17 W||Y||U17W||2|
|Under 15 W||Y||U15W||2|
Advice on category selection:
Many categories are similar to the categories that have previously been used at CORC club races. However, graded categories (A, B, C & D ) are no longer offered. If you previously rode:
Sport A – You have the option of entering Elite or in your age category. Note that as our club races are tier 3 in the MTBA national cup there are no points on offer in elite.
Sport B – Your should enter your age category
Sport C – You have the choice of entering your age category, or Sport for less competitive racing
Sport D – You have the choice of entering your age category, or Sport for less competitive racing
All races are timed using the clubs electronic timing system and the results can be found by using this link – http://my.raceresult.com/?group=1327
- Have FUN
- Self seed and be honest
- Be courteous at all times – there are other riders on track doing their best, it is only a club race so please be patient when behind slower riders. For example call out “track when convenient”or “rider” when approaching. Wait until they respond with “on my left” or “on my right” before overtaking, once you have overtaken say “Thank you!”
- Reports of bad etiquette, abuse, pushing riders out of the way will be dealt with by the parties involved and the Race Commissaire – we will not tolerate bad behavior at club races. Guilty offenders will be disqualified from the race and serve a 2 race ban.
- Please follow the course, we do our best to mark the course with bunting and arrows. Please take great care with arrows as some of the race tracks have trail arrows and not CORC arrows. Do not take short cuts or stray from the single track or fire trail. If you see a rider cutting the course, please let the Race Director know and the rider will be disqualified from the race.
- If for any reason you withdraw from a race, please tell the Race Director
- Don’t leave rubbish out on the track. Pick up your rubbish such as gel wrappers and drink bottles
- If you see an injured rider please stop to help them, we can adjust your lap times to make up for any lost time.
Volunteering at races
CORC is run by volunteers and many hands make light work. If you can help with any of the below please contact the XC Coordinator via e-mail XC_Racing@corc.asn.au
Some of the duties you can assist with are:
- Course setting/pack down
- Rego/Timing area setup and pack down
- Competitor registration
- Starting races and timekeeping
- Course Marshal
Thank you to all volunteers who have helped with the running of events over the last few seasons, your support is greatly appreciated.