Cyclocross 2020 Events
The provisional calendar for cyclocross club racing in 2020 is set. The format of racing will be similar to previous years.
We will also be trialling some short, informal crit races this summer before the season kicks off in earnest. More details will come later.
Provisional Event dates for 2020 are:
Saturday, February 08, 2020: CX Crit – Sat night at Stromlo
Saturday, March 07, 2020: CX Crit – Sat night at Stromlo
Sunday, March 29, 2020: CORC CX – Wanniassa
Sunday, May 03, 2020 CORC CX – Richardson
Sunday, May 24, 2020 NSW/ACT CX Event (Not Champs) – Narrabundah
Sunday, June 14, 2020 CORC CX – Stromlo (Option a) or
Sunday, June 21, 2020 CORC CX – Stromlo (Option b)
Dates & Venues are subject to change.
We recognise both CA or MTBA licence for the event which is great as CX is somewhere in between road and mountain bike racing. If you don’t hold a licence, please complete a Free 2 Month Membership with MTBA if you are eligible prior to the event. Otherwise Day Licences will be available for $25.
To continue to encourage women’s participation in cyclocross, experienced local cyclocross rider Claire Aubrey will be hosting a pre-ride open to all registered women prior to most events. This will be a great opportunity to ride a lap of the course, practice the more challenging sections and get a few tips.
- Little Crossers – Balance bikes, and kids just starting out riding
- Junior CX – As the little crossers get older (read the organising teams kids), we are providing a stepping stone up to the first adult categories.
- Men’s C Grade – For riders on any bike just starting out
- Women’s B Grade – For riders on any bike just starting out
- Men’s C Grade and Women’s B Grade race together.
- Men’s B Grade – More experience riders, on any bike, looking for a longer and faster race
- Women’s A Grade – More experience riders, on any bike, looking for a longer and faster race
- Men’s B Grade and Women’s A Grade race together.
- Men’s A Grade – For the fast and/or competitive cyclocross racers out there.
The following video’s, produced by CX regular Ewen, highlight the relaxed and fun atmosphere. Feel free to dress up and race as you can see below!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email “cyclocross at corc.asn.au”